Earning your CFP® certification requires a commitment to learning and a solid grounding in financial planning. The required Capstone Course is valuable in that it allows you to integrate and apply the knowledge gained from your background and education in finance. The Capstone program takes you through the development of a comprehensive financial plan designed to simulate the actual process you will engage in with clients.
And you may be closer than you think to CFP® certification. If you hold one of the following qualifying professional credentials, you are automatically eligible to sit for the CFP® exam once you complete either a Capstone Course or fulfill the new Capstone Alternative Program:
- Ph.D. in business or economics
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Licensed Attorney – inactive license acceptable
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – inactive license acceptable
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Chartered Financial Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®)
- CFP certification from the Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB) Affiliate located in your territory of residence outside the U.S.
Learn more about the Challenge Status path to complete the education coursework and start the CFP® certification process.
Create your own CFP Board online account to have full access to the Candidate Open Forum.