Specific academic degrees and professional credentials fulfill most of the education coursework requirement for CFP® certification. If you have one of these degrees, you can apply for the CFP® Exam after you have completed the Capstone Course in Financial Planning. See the CFP® Board website for more information.
Approved Degrees and Professional Credentials
- Ph.D. in Financial Planning, Finance, Business Administration, or Economics
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Licensed attorney
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®)
- CFP® certification from the Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB) Affiliate located in your territory of residence outside the U.S.
Enroll in the online Capstone Course in Financial Planning as an accelerated path candidate and complete the course at your own pace. We offer convenient packages with significant savings so you can focus on acing the CFP® exam.
Accelerated Path Programs
*The CFP® Exam review class is not a BU course and is provided by an independent vendor.
Invest in Your Career with Boston University
To learn more, contact an Enrollment Advisor at +1-617-502-8822 or complete the form below.