A study conducted by Fondulas Strategic Research and featured on the CFP Board official website reports high satisfaction among CFP® professionals.
Key findings include:
- 90% of CFP® professionals are strongly satisfied with career choice in financial planning.
- 91% are strongly satisfied with their decision to pursue CFP® certification.
- 90% would recommend CFP® certification to other financial professionals.
- 83% agree that CFP® professionals have a “competitive edge” over financial planners who do not hold the credential.
- 82% agree that a “fiduciary standard of care is appropriate for all financial service providers who deliver personalized investment advice to retail investors.”
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals must complete four requirements for certification—known as the Four E’s:
- Completing an approved CFP® education program
- Passing the CFP® Exam
- Meeting work experience requirements
- Abiding by CFP Board’s Code of Ethics
The CFP® certification is recognized worldwide as the standard of excellence in financial planning. Learn more about the certification requirements on the CFP Board website.